About Me

My photo
I'm Beth. I'm married to my best friend, and he's pretty awesome. We have two equally awesome kids, Gavin and Sophie.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

You can't say I don't love a deal!

Its hot today!  The kids and I waited until Ernie left for work to go run our errands (which I what I do every day, actually.  We like to get to spend time with him!) and it was pretty hot out when we left.  We had several things to get for their camping trip tomorrow -- oh yeah, I'm not going.  More on that later.  Anyway, we went to Walmart and Safeway.  I got everything taken care of (plus spent about 7 hours in the toy section.  Okay maybe not that long, but you know).  After we got gas in the Yukon I decided it was too freaking hot, and so as a treat, the kids got to get sprites at Jack in the Box.  Sophie was ecstatic...seriously?! A pop?!!  So I ordered 2 small sprites, and the Voice from the Box told me that the large drinks are on special and are only a buck.  So I'd be paying more for smalls.  Forget that! I want to pay the least amount I can, always.  I also know, with the sweet and precious way Sophie has been acting, that she won't want to share with her brother, although one large drink between them would still be too much.  So, they each got a large.  I'm nothing if not a bargain shopper...
 
Sophie's eyes got even bigger than usual when I handed her that drink that's bigger than her leg.  They both geeked out for a while.  This cute picture is of them feeling totally spoiled...about 10 seconds before Sophie knocked hers over because it was too heavy to lift, and then weeping followed.  LUCKILY...another large sprite comes in handy!  They had to share after all.  Haha, take that! 
After the Evening of Sprite, the kids decided they needed to paint.  Actually, okay, they've been bugging me to paint every 10 minutes for the past 2 days.  So I made them eat salad with the promise of painting afterwards, and then Sophie stripped down out of her new clothes so that she could "not get them all crazy".  Brings a tear to my eye, when she tries to avoid messes.  I gave them each a canvas and a palette of paint and they went to town.  I love seeing what they come up with and they get really into it.  Sophie even told me "mom I'm having so much fun, isn't that awesome?!" 
I'm glad these kids are so cute. I started my day off SUPER grumpy...one of the reasons I am staying home from camping.  Okay so, I did not grow up camping.  I'm pretty sure my mom's idea of camping is going to a hotel.  Actually, I'm 100% sure, because that is also my idea of roughing it.  A hotel with no pool.  The one time I went camping as a teenager, was in good ol' Kansas, and the tornado sirens went off.  Which was traumatic.  So anyway, my family is way excited to go.  Lately I have mentioned on facebook that I need a momcation.  Well...this could be my momcation!  I can finish my kitchen cabinets.  I can CLEAN and have it stay clean because no stinky grubby little children will be following me, wreaking havoc.  I can have peace, and quiet.  I will most certainly miss them.  But won't that make me just appreciate them more when they get home? ;)  Plus, no mosquitoes/lack of showers/lack of heating pads for my cramps...and if its too hot I can sit in front of my fan and watch a chick flick.  Yeah that sounds awesome. So, at this moment, I'm not grumpy anymore.  Success!

p.s...I'm saving this in my blackmail file for Teenage Sophie. I've got my eye on you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers