About Me

My photo
I'm Beth. I'm married to my best friend, and he's pretty awesome. We have two equally awesome kids, Gavin and Sophie.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mayleo

Okay here is the quite delicious paleo mayo that I made. 
I followed the directions from Nom Nom Paleo, who is much funnier than me and also seems to be a much better cook.  I figured if that's the way she said to do it, it would work.  And, it did!  My ingredients aren't quite the same as she suggests, but what I used was tasty, so here ya go!

(I will say, these measurements are approximate.  I don't really always use measuring spoons/cups, but this is a good estimate. :) )

*4 egg yolks
*1 tsp sea salt
*1 tsp yellow mustard
*4 tsp white vinegar
*3-4 tsp lemon juice
*3 cups olive oil

1. Combine all but the oil in a bowl
2. Whisk for about 30 seconds, until yolk has thickened
3. Add 1 cup olive oil in a slow steady stream while whisking like crazy (about 1 minute)
4. Add the 2nd cup of olive oil in the same way (your arm will most likely be killing you by now)
5. Add the last cup of oil all at once
6. Whisk whisk whisk!

It'll get thick and mayo-like -- voila you're done!  In my opinion, this is better than the mayo you buy at the store.  As our friend Nick pointed out, it looks like mashed up peeps because its pretty bright yellow. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers