About Me

My photo
I'm Beth. I'm married to my best friend, and he's pretty awesome. We have two equally awesome kids, Gavin and Sophie.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Such a wonderful discovery!

Cookies are the devil.  Seriously, they are just so good tasting, and so bad for you.  So I am SO EXCITED that the paleo cookie recipe I tried last night was delicious, and completely fine to eat. :)  They totally took care of my craving for something sweet and I didn't feel sick after eating them like I would with regular sweets.  Even Sophie said they were awesome and, apparently even our dog liked them, since she stole the rest of Sophie's.  Several people have asked for the recipe, so I'm including it here.  Credit goes to, of course, Everyday Paleo, for this recipe (and for lots of the incredibly delicious things I make).  I followed this recipe more or less:

Nutty Cookies

* 2 bananas, mashed up
* 1/3 cup coconut flour
* 3/4 cup almond butter
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/3 cup raw walnuts, chopped
* 1 apple, finely diced
* 1/3 cup coconut milk
* 1 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash up the bananas.
Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and almond butter and mix up.
Chop the walnuts and apples finely in a food processor.
Add the walnuts, apples, coconut milk, and cinnamon to the bowl and mix well.
Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon large tablespoons of the cookie mix onto it.
Bake for 25 minutes.

A couple notes I have to add:  its really hard for me to find coconut flour around here.  I have to order it online from amazon.  I get the Let's Do Organic brand, and I like it.  Second, I find almond butter is an acquired taste for some people, but we really like it here so hopefully you will too!! Also, used canned coconut milk, not the coconut milk beverage in the refrigerated section.  And don't use the light kind, because it sucks.
I made these like this last night, but I think next time I am going to substitute one banana for some pumpkin, since its close to Thanksgiving and I like festive things like that. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers