About Me

My photo
I'm Beth. I'm married to my best friend, and he's pretty awesome. We have two equally awesome kids, Gavin and Sophie.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

for Amy

Today is my sissy's birthday. I've been thinking about her this week and thinking about what a good big sister she has always been. We're pretty far apart in age...she's the oldest, and I'm the youngest of 4 kids. My mom says she was always like my "second mom", but I don't think I ever really saw it that way. Unless you count her taking care of me and always being kind and loving, instead of how you'd think sisters may be from time to time. :) But I don't think that has to do with her being older than me. Its just because that is her character. I know God made her our older sister for a reason...she's a much better role model for me than I could have been for her! ;) I'm impatient, and have some attitude, I'm too quick to anger and not very even tempered. Amy has always been an example to me of how to be a Godly woman. If I think of what kind of person I want to be, I think of her. And definitely if I think of what kind of mother I want to be, I think of her. My sister has two of the sweetest, smartest, kindest girls I have ever met and I'm sure a huge part of that is because of who their mom is. I can only try every day to be the kind of mom she is and raise my daughter the way she has raised her daughters. My sister is kind, unselfish, giving, and full of grace. And I love her with all my heart and am so blessed to have her as my sister. Happy birthday sissy! love, Dofie

1 comment:

  1. And, yes, you made me cry. :) I love you and are so thankful you are my Dofie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers